Saturday, May 12, 2012

3rd hour

April was not a particularly good month for bagua. Between allergies, the flu, an infected tooth, and an extended busy period at work, I have not had much energy for much of anything. I think the most significant bagua-related thing I did took place when I was down with the flu. I was feeling cold, rather weak, and I couldn't feel my qi, which normally requires no effort. Deciding that my qi was hard at work fighting off the stupid virus, I decided to stimulate it by doing some consistent standing-strengthening in Lion, which is usually enough to give me a good, active qi-flow sensation. Further experimentation is needed to determine if it really had much of an effect, but the objective fact remains that I got over this flu in four days, whereas it bedeviled my wife for nearly two weeks. Then again, my immune system has always been pretty good.

So, as far as current training goes, today I was inspired to get back on the circle and managed a full hour for only the third time so far. Still rather sore from that. Aside from that, not much to report, aside from the fact that I've been spending a good deal of time watching the videos, particularly the Lion Sweeping Strike Applications DVD. Seems I learn something new every time I watch it. In regard to today's somewhat anomalous turning practice, the inspiration largely came from Jim in Tennessee and his recent post on turning the circle. Honestly, if you're reading my sorry excuse for a blog, you really ought to read his. He's got plenty of good advice, and I consider the archives of his blog from over the course of the last several years to be a valuable resource that I often return to for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment